Sunday, April 18, 2010

WHICH CANADIAN TEAM HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO HOIST LORD STANLEY


With the exception of the Ottawa/Pittsburgh series the other 2 knotted at one with Pitt up by a game. My question to you is, which of our 3 teams representing Canada can make the run to the finals only to lose in 7?

The Senators are in tough early, up against Canada's baby Sid theKid, and the rest of the defending Champs they have played them tough taking one of two in Pitt. only to lose there first home game in the nations capital. I've only had a chance to see one of these games and it was a 4-2 victory for Pitt. and if you were to ask me the Sens. may only have 2 games left. Sid is just too good and has so much power behind just him like Geno Malkin that Ottawa is in over there head. Anybody with a chance to knock off the homo's from Pitt have me as an instant fan...GO SENS GO!!

Again a Canadian team in deep against a duo of superstars, but after just 2 games the Habs are right there, winning game 1 in OT and blowing a 3 goal lead to lose in OT in game 2 it could just as easily be 2-0 Montreal. I laugh at the analysts all over the TV that were all over Alex the great because he never had a shot in game 1. Let him be, the guy doesn't score and it's panic button for everyone, so just like Ovi does he put up a quick 4 pts, and just so the panel is happy another 6 shots on goal. Montreal should be heading home with confidence even after blowing a big lead. If there D can slow down Ovi and Backstrom everything else is in there favor to win, I feel Montreal could make a great run if they can knock of the Presidents Cup Champs.

Last but not least we head out West where the Canucks are the favored team against a young and inexperienced Kings squad. If you ask me they should roll the Kings but stranger things have happened, for the sake of my playoff pool I pray they make a run and its money in the bank for me. The biggest question surrounding the Canucks is wether Bobby Lou can get hot and be the backbone for a very potent offense. If thats the case I think the Canucks are favored to come out of the West and right now our best bet to bring Lord Stanley North of the border.

Let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Canucks is my pick...I watched them win in OT the other night!!! It was AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete